Wednesday, 20 March 2013

First Impression | Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation


I was on the market for a drugstore foundation because i usually tend to buy more expensive foundations just because i think it is the most important part of your make-up and I want to make sure i am getting the best i can (which usually means forking out a some of money!).  Well, i wanted to see what the drugstores had to offer and see how they compare.  I picked up the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation because i've read a few good reviews and it looked like it would suit my skin type.

I thought that it would be a nice idea to do a 'First Impression' blog post and may continue to make these posts as a series as i quite like the idea that I try it and then you read it and sort of try it at the same time.  We are both experiencing something new (I dunno where i'm going with this but just go with it!)  

Anyway enough with the rambling and onto the F.I review!

I chose the lightest colour - 100 Ivory because it matched my skin the best - TOP TIP - always test on the face in drugstores and not on back of hand when choosing a foundation!

First Impression - I am writing this just after applying the foundation....







The foundation is said to 'visibly reawaken and illuminate skin with a radiant glow and a flawless natural-looking finish'.  It has anti-fatigue properties and is said to moisturise.  I think this is a fabulous summary of the foundation! The foundation applies and blends lovely and has a really pleasant floral scent to it.  I had no problems with any allergic reaction which can happen when i use cheaper products! (Such fussy skin!) It is not a thick foundation, probably a medium coverage.  You don't need a lot of the product to cover the whole face which adds to the value for money aspect!




It comes in a nice and sturdy glass bottle (makes it feel more expensive!) and YES! a pump, albeit a cruddy cheap plastic pump but a pump nonetheless.  I think it is the first drugstore foundation I've seen with a pump! Rimmel: Vive la revolution! :) I like the packaging, with a bright orange lid, it stands out on my dressing table! 






I also bought the matching concealer which i have also heard good things about and liked that just as much! :-)



Overall and on a first impression, i am really happy with this foundation and will very happily use it again!  Thank you Rimmel for making me believe that you don't have to spend a lot of money to get good quality products! :)

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation £8.99
Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer £5.49
Thanks for reading!

Blog soon!

Sarah xxx

P.S. Sorry if i said drugstore loads of times....i couldn't think of a British equivalent for the word! :) And...sorry for the state of my nails in some of the photos! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment