Sunday, 3 February 2013

NOTD | Sunday is Nail day!

NOTD no.1

Sooo... as today is Sunday and tomorrow is the start of a new week, i like to refresh my usually chipped and unsightly nails with a new coat of nail varnish and more recently a try at some very amateur nail art!


I did the usual nail routine - clean all the dirt out of underneath the nail...bit gross, and shape them etc.
I applied my Essie 'grow stronger' base coat.  Have been really enjoying this recently.  I find it has really strengthened and increased the rate at which my nails grow (always a good thing)!  Let that dry and layer on 1 coat of Essie 'Funny face'.  It looks really pink and kind of fluorescent in the picture but in 'real life', it's a bit darker. I do two coats of that and let it dry!
I then thought it would be cool to do a gradient glitter on my ring finger as a sort of accent nail look- i have seen this done on various Instagram and Pinterest posts so thought it would be nice to try!  I am no nail or nail art expert but it came out quite well (it does look better in real life than in the pic but heeey!).  I used Model's Own 'Purple Haze' which is a gorgeous sparkly dark purple (no way!)
And then finally put one coat of a sample of Nails Inc. 'Caviar' topcoat which i received in a Glossybox a few months ago! Love it - definitely prefer it to Seche Vite!
So there it is...my first NOTD post! I hope this will become a regular blogpost on a Sunday! :)

Thanks for reading!

Blog soon!

Sarah xx

Would love to see anybody else's NOTD posts? Anyone else tried a gradient glitter nail look? X

No comments:

Post a Comment